Resume and Cover Letter

Humayun Kabir

1234 Wolf Street Brooklyn, NY 12345 – (718)123-4567

Hkabir000@citymail.cuny.edu

Summary: Determined and responsible first-year computer science student with Autodesk Inventor, CAD and computer programming skills seeking an internship with a dynamic engineering firm.

Education

The City College of New York, Computer Science

August 2018 – Present

New York, NY

GPA: 3.6

Aspiring Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science

Expected graduation date: June 2022

Relevant Coursework: Writing for Engineering, Intro to Computing, Program Languages, Engineering 101

High school for construction trades, engineering, and architecture

September 2014-June 2018

Queens, NY

GPA: 3.8

Relevant Coursework: Electric Board Circuiting, Mechanics, Autodesk Inventor Intro Course, Engineering Design Process

Work Experience

GNC Live Well, Sales Associate

October 2017 – Present

·       Provided training for newly hired employees and evaluated staff performance.

·       Handled customer transactions through the POS system and cash deposits.

·       Performed store open and closing procedures as a key holder.

·       Maintained professional interactions in assisting customers.

Skills & qualities

·      Proficient in Computer Language C++

·      Efficient in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD

·      Efficient in using register POS system

·      Punctual

·      Basic knowledge in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel

·      Efficient in using Windows, OS, and Arch Linux platforms

·      Organized

HUMAYUN KABIR

(718)-123-4567 |  hkabir000@citymail.cuny.edu |  1234 Wolf Street Brooklyn, NY 12345

February 28, 2019

Mr. Kevin Bordlemay, Technical Recruiting Manager

FireEye, Inc.

601 McCarthy Blvd.

Milpitas, CA 95035

Dear, Mr. Bordlemay:

I am Humayun Kabir, a current undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science at City College of New York located in New York, NY. I am writing to you in response to your job posting on LinkedIn about the Incident Response & Red Team summer internship. Please consider me for this internship because I believe that through my academic training in computer programming and electrical engineering courses at City College and High School for Construction Trades Engineering and Architecture, along with my experience with GNC Live Well, qualifies me for the position.

My education at City College of New York has given me a strong background in understanding and implementing computer programming. Throughout the entirety of my courses, I have focused on the programming language C++ and how to use the platform Arch Linux, terminals, command lines, and git applications. This enabled me to increase my efficiency in using platforms such as OS and Windows. Additionally, in High School for Construction Trades Engineering and Architecture, I was introduced to courses that involved hands-on circuiting electric boards and drafting models. In these courses, I worked on large scale integrated circuits through soldering, and electric circuit charts and created a countdown machine and a multi-blinking Christmas tree. Throughout my projects, I developed comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for my proctor and technical audience of my fellow colleagues.

Furthermore, while working at GNC Live Well, I was able to build experience towards quickly assimilating to new information and interacting with clients. I had to maintain professional interactions with customers and ensure that they were getting the best service possible, along while maintaining awareness of stores constant changing duties and procedures.

The enclosed resume will help provide an overview of my education and work experience. I would like to meet with you at your convenience to discuss my qualifications for this position. You can always get in contact with me at (718)-123-4567 or email me at hkabir000@citymail.cuny.edu to arrange an interview. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Humayun Kabir